Sunday, June 10, 2012

Flopped cake equals creativity and YUM!

Sometimes my flops are better than they would have been if they would have worked out! So this morning, I decided to bake a cake for our church's picnic to make sure that we would not run out of food.  So I whipped up a cake mix (which I rarely do), threw in about 2 cups of butterscotch chips and put it in a well-greased bundt cake pan. Well, the cake looked great when I pulled it out and since I usually have BAD LUCK with Bundt cakes I decided to wait until it was completely cooled before I attempted to invert it.  So feeling pretty proud of myself for actually following cooling instructions, I inverted the cake. And then it happened...the top was not on the cake... but on the bottom of the pan, of course it was well greased and came out great, just not on the top of the cake...


So my bad luck continues... :)  BUT I had a plan! (This of course was about 20 minutes before we had to walk out the door, so there was no time to redo the cake).  I scooped out the cake and yummy butterscotch chips and added some flour to make crumbs. 

Then I mixed up some powdered sugar, cocoa and milk to make a glaze. I poured this over top of the cake and attempted to put the crumbs on top.  But not all the crumbs cooperated and stayed on top. So I made some more  glaze and poured over the cake again and put more of the crumbs on top.  When I cut the cake, there was  a nice little pool of glaze and crumbs hanging out in the middle as well as everywhere else on the cake plate. 


I tried it and it was delicious and I got some compliments. Not sure if I can duplicate it again!  :)

  The pictures don't do it justice!  Darn...leftovers!

 2012-06-10_14-52-18_942.jpg2012-06-10_14-52-26_380.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment