Tuesday, June 25, 2013
My Mom's No Baked Cookies
This is the recipe that I learned to make when I was a kid. I never had them with peanut butter until I moved to Kansas. Personally, why mess with perfection? Not that I have anything against peanut butter, but I don't think you taste the chocolate as much with peanut butter in them.
Dan makes a recipe that never leaves the bowl... not sure why they are called "cookies"... but to each his own!
No -Bake Cookies
3 Cups oatmeal
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 C + 2 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 C coconut
2 Cups sugar
1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup milk
In a saucepan, mix the sugar, butter and milk together. bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients and stir until mixed in. Drop from a teaspoon onto waxed paper and cool.
I have no idea how many cookies this recipe makes. I made 2 cookie sheets full, ate some before it hit the waxed paper and many were different sizes.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment